Monday, January 02, 2012

Being Thrifty

Being thrifty is one of my New Year's resolutions. We are going to be a family of 8 and our expenses will increase further. Last year, every month is cukup-cukup makan and a few months we do not have enough income to cover all our expenses. Next year, our expenses will reduced slightly because we do not hire anymore maid and we have stopped sending our son to the private kindergarten. We will try to reduce on eating out because, 2 kids no longer share a plate of food. My 3 older children can finish a plate of noodle or rice all by themselves and also a waffle each after the meal! We will have a newborn by April but that won't be much of an additional cost because he/she will be fully breastfed and will be on cloth diapers too. I guess, we will only feel the pinch in 2013. That will be the year we plan to homeschool our girls. I am not so sure whether it will help reduce our monthly expenses or not. Homeschooling means I'll be paying for the textbook and workbook; in USD some more! Now, all is provided by the government. Whatever it is, this year I must learn to be more thrifty so that I can help hubby save for our children's education.

No comments: