Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Joy of Giving

The bible says that when you give, do not let your left hand know that you right hand is giving. Something like that. In another word, don’t announce to the world that you give like the Pharisees do. The bible also says that it is better to give than to receive. This is what I wanna share.

Almost everyday I receive an amount from PPP. At first I felt very excited about it. The same feeling when you received your first pay check. After months passed by, no money excitement to it. You felt that you work hard, you deserve the payment.

But when it comes to giving, especially to someone in need. The joy and the excitement are even greater. Just the thought about giving to someone makes me happy already and when I actually have the money to give, I gave. And the look of the face of the receiver is precious. Just like when my children receives toys from me. It makes me wanna give more.

If you never give to the needy before, give and you will understand what I am mumbling here. :D

No comments: