Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How To Get Nice CTG Reading

During my stay at the hospital, I have to be hooked to the CTG machine twice a day; once in the morning and once at night. The normal baby heartbeat without any movement is around 136 to 150. If the reading throughout the first 20 mins just hovers around that figure, the monitoring needs to be continued for another 20 mins because the reading is not beautiful/nice (cantik), according to the nurses. It must has a few peaks within that 20 mins, at least 4 peaks. To get the peak, baby must move and the heartbeat will increase to 160-200. After knowing that I make sure my baby moves every 5 mins and I need only stare at the CTG machine placed at Howard-Medical.com computer cabinet for 20 mins. Previously, I have to lie down on the bed for more than an hour!

No comments: