Saturday, November 03, 2007

Italy is not all about Mafia

Many years ago, on the way back from Penang, I shared my seat with an Italian old man. The first thing that I asked him was, "Are you a Mafia?" He laughs. "Italy is not all about Mafia", he replied. He told me that if I were to visit Italy, I must visit him then the most famous and arguably the most beautiful fountain in all of Rome, Trevi Fountain. This impressive monument dominates the small Trevi square located in the Quirinale district. He even volunteered to help book any hotels in italy for me. I doubt I will ask for his help. I only know him for a few hours. :P

If you are in Italy be sure to find time to visit the famous Parthenon, the Vatican City and the official resident of the Pope, the Sistine Chaple. It is easy to find hotels in rome with Cheaperthanhotels.co.uk.

I found something more interesting about Venice besides cruising along the Grand Canal. Have you heard of the Ghost walking tour? It features an itinerary that will take you on a journey through the hidden Venice where you will not only hear six intriguing ghost stories that will bring a chill to the night's air, but you'll also be entertained by legends of sea monsters and the Venetians themselves that will include the legend of Marco Polo's wife. I hope you won’t find any ghost in any of the venice hotels. Hehe.

No comments: