Friday, June 08, 2007

Sweep out the spies

I am not a computer nerd and knows nothing much about computer programs, hardwares, and specifications. But I know when my computer starts to slow down and are not running as fast as before. And because my husband is in this computer business, I have heard a bit from him about viruses, trojans, worms, adware, malware, spyware and hackers. To me, all these sounds alien and scary at times. Imagining my computer to a real human being, being attacked by spies and being hacked to death. And being attacked by viruses and having worms eating out the inside organs.

Of course, it real life the probability of being attacked by spies and being hacked to death is very little but in computer life, the probability is very high. And my husband said that once you are connected online, the probability is 100% that that computer has been attacked by viruses, worms, trojans, malware and spywares. And talking about spyware, I remember when I was in my varsity and had this one computer to use. Everything was okay in campus because it is not connected online and I only use it to do my assignments. However, when I brought it back home and connected it to the internet..... headache comes in. My computer became slow and some programs cannot be opened. Had to ask my uncle to check it out for me. And guess what! He told me he had to reformat the whole hard disk. Terrible. And costly too.

My uncle then introduced to me a few internet security programs. Among them is the Spy Sweeper. Well, I won't go into the details of this program but one thing I do know. After installing and using Spy Sweeper, many of the computer problems did not occur. And to my horror, there are many spywares detected on my computer. Well, if you face the same problem, check out Spy Sweeper. I think they are having a promotion right now... discounted price for their program.

No comments: