Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Aging With Grace

This guest post from Doris Dillon

I've been trying really hard to age with grace, since that's what my mother told me you had to do. It's been kind of difficult slowly losing my health, and though I love retirement, it is a bit boring at times. Thankfully my husband Jim and I both love to be outdoors, and we've got a lot of great hiking and beach activities nearby. The kids, sometimes which is really great because I get to cook and hang out with my grandchildren all day long. Last year, I noticed I wasn't hearing as well I used to, so I made an appointment at http://hearingaids.miracle-ear.com/hearing-locations/north-carolina/c/cary/ and got a hearing test. Turns out, I needed hearing aids to correct a problem in my inner ear, which apparently has nothing to do with aging. That's good, because I always felt a little too young to have a hearing aid! I can't wait to see where retirement takes me in the next few years but until then Gemini are going to enjoy lounging around here.