Thursday, October 01, 2009

Maid Continuing for another 10 months only.

Our current maid has been with us for 2 years and last month, we allowed her one month holiday before she continues another 10 months with us. Why 10 months? It is because her passport valid for another 10 months only.

She is a good maid; not perfect but better than others. She does not talk back, does not steal (not that I know of), hardworking, does not eat so much, loves my children and does not lie. What else can an employer ask for from a maid, right?

I tried persuading her to stay for another 2 years but she refused saying that she is tired and wants to "retire" and take care of her grandchild. Knowing her simple kampung lifestyle over there, she is not money minded. She just need some money to renovate her house and after 2 years of working for us, the income is enough for a "new" home.

So, for the next 10 months of working with us, her salary will be her savings.

Will the family get another maid? I have no idea. As for me, I know can survive without a maid. At the most, I become slimmer. Which is good right? No need to diet. :P

No comments: