Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What To Do When You Overspent Your Credit Card

When I was still working, I count the days to receiving my credit cards statement and eagerly pay all the balance due way before the due date.

Now being jobless, I wish that they don’t turn up at all! LOL. And when they do turn up, I open them with fear and trembling.

Noticed that I used the word “them”? I am using a few credit cards but each for different purposes; one for insurance, one for petrol, one for utility bills and one for shopping. The one that I dread receiving the most is the shopping credit card because I don’t usually track my spending.

Thank God there are Balance transfers. If one credit card goes way above my ability to settle full payment, I just transfer the balance to another card and save on the interest rate. Some don’t even charge interest for a few months. Isn’t that great? But that does not mean that I can continue spending like there’s not tomorrow. ;)

No comments: